Suggestion on activity completion report

Suggestion on activity completion report

by Simonetta Favale -
Number of replies: 7

Dear all,

i'd like to propose you a suggestion on the activity completion report in a course. 

I mean: could you insert a filter on the completion status just to show users which have completed the activity? 

Hope to hear you soon!

Best regards,

Simonetta Favale

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Simonetta Favale

Re: Suggestion on activity completion report

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
What criteria would you use to know that an activity is completed?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
If the checkbox for that activity is selected.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Rick Jerz -

What happens if an activity provides for students to checkoff the Activity Completion box on their own, and they didn't do this, and the assignment has expired?

In reply to Rick Jerz

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
I would use the filtering of the activities report to follow-up with students that appear to be "stuck" in an activity. I have no expiration dates on any activity, I just need to filter through 300 participants quickly. Yes, I can download the report. However, filtering "in-place" is quicker. Filtering on the Activity Report would enhance the functionality of the report.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

by Rick Jerz -
I think that I better understand. Your request seems reasonable, and maybe you can start a feature-request in Tracker.

For this kind of filtering, I would use Excel's "Insert | Table" feature (tool) which is the quickest way to do filtering for this kind of data. Since this is pretty convenient and fast, I don't know if the Moodle programmers would see it necessary to add a filtering feature to Moodle, but it can't hurt to ask.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Simonetta Favale

by Kathryn Woodhead -
Are you not able to do this in the Course Participation report? Choose the activity and what you wanted them to do and then click on the view column. It would sort it out to show all the 'Yes' responses at the top.

So for example, run a report to show all students who have posted in a forum, then filter to show Yes responses at the top?
You also have the option to select all 'No' responses and send them a message - if you wanted to follow up with the students who haven't posted on the forum
In reply to Kathryn Woodhead

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Yes, but this can be tedious depending on the number of activities within a course. We have courses with 20 activities. The Course Participation report only displays a single, activity vs. the grid view of the Course activity report.