Legacy course files for the Front Page

Legacy course files for the Front Page

by Larry Elchuck -
Number of replies: 2

I just upgraded an ancient site from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 3.7 and all seems to work except for the legacy files for the front page (course 1) not showing up.  The settings as in  https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Legacy_course_files are set up properly ... which work for courses other than the front page .... but there is no setting for the front page to access the moodledata/1/ directory. 

Is there a way to access these files and have them show up (image files)  within Moodle 3.7 ?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Larry Elchuck

Re: Legacy course files for the Front Page

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Don't think so ... but ... if I were you ... I'd create a file system repo in moodledata/repository/ called 'frontpage'.

Then copy needed files from moodledata/1/ to that repo.

You can then relink.

You might want to look at what remains in all moodledata/# directories as they are 'things' that didn't get moved during your hops on the way to 3.7.

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Legacy course files for the Front Page

by Larry Elchuck -
Thanks Ken

I copied the /1 contents to a folder in the htdocs folder next to the moodle installation and did a search and replace on that. I know the image files could be exposed to viewing if the direct link is known. This will suffice until the course developer redoes the front page ... which is planned before the next school year.

There are resources in the other course (/x) folders but this particular installation is only going to use the front page as an introductory site that launches into other separate moodle installations on the same server. So those sample courses will no longer be used.

Thanks for the file system repo approach (in moodledata/repository/ called 'frontpage)'. that would indeed be a better solution.

Cheers