I would like to adopt the format_calendar plugin. I tried to message the maintainer, but I got no response.
Attached is a zip file with my changes in it. I also created patch files for the two files I modified. I addressed the following issues:
- Current day not displaying correct (bug fix)
- Number of sections auto generated based on start and end date. (enhancement)
This is what I still need to add when I can get the time:
- Indicate weekends based on site settings of weekends and weekdays. (enhancement)
- Auto add in holidays tagged as "no school" days -- shaded like weekend days. (may need to be a separate admin type of enhancement, separate from the format_calendar plugin).
- Auto add summary to include fprintf text (eg. "Lesson %d", sectionnumber) (enhancement) -- want to add the counts for just the school days even if weekends and no-school days have topics. (This could possibly be an administrator setting, where the admin for the whole site enters in holidays, weekends, startdate, and enddate of the school year and school days can automatically be calculated one time and accessed by any class at any time. -- Public schools have required number of school days).
- DB change to include mapping of lesson number to section number. I want to be able to include weekends as topics, so teachers have the option to help student with time management over vacations or weekends. This could also be good for "DEAR time (drop everything and read) type of activities for Elementary education and foreign language classes where even when class is not in session on that day, the student still needs to practice the material. (Maybe include this in an administrator plugin as described in #3 above).
- Ability to mass import activities with default settings with CSV file course id, topic #, title, summary, (and whatever other non-default fields) (admin plugin or course plugin?)
- Ability to mass import activities with default settings with CSV file course id, lesson #, title, summary, (and whatever other non-default fields) (admin plugin or course plugin?)
Basically some enhancements that fit into a class that is based on a calendar and the class has regular activities in a set pattern that can easily be defined in a table.
- Every day the student has to do deskwork and the teacher is just labeling the different pages "Day 1 deskwork" or links to documents or urls.
- Every day the student has to do homework and the teacher is just labeling the different pages "Day 1 homework" or linkds to documents or urls.
- Every day their is the "teacher's outline" or "teacher's notes" or "wiki day for the day" or "blog entry for the day" or "journal entry for the day" type of activity.