Problems creating courses

Problems creating courses

by Tiffany Taylor -
Number of replies: 8

I am having so much trouble trying to create a new course. To me, no picture matches what they show on their documentation. I want to try this out to see if this will work for me, but I am having the worst experience. Can someone assist me with step by step instruction on how to access the area where I create course, and is a course a quiz? If not, how can I create a quiz? Thank you for your assistance. 

(Edited by Howard Miller - change to a proper subject - original submission Friday, 28 June 2019, 12:19 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tiffany Taylor

Re: HELP

by ben reynolds -
Hi Tiffany,
First are you making the course on a production server or a Moodle demo site?
You want to be logged in as Teacher (which means an editing teacher)
On a totally blank, new site, you will see a category called "Miscellaneous." On a vanilla Moodle site, it's in a block on the right labeled categories. Miscellaneous always is created when the site is made.
Click the category.
In the center of the new window, you will see a button "Add new course." Click that, and begin.
If you mess up, no worry. There's always a way to delete.
When you've got your course created, write back, and we can talk about making a quiz.
Never fear! We've all been where you are, and floundering is a good experience, once you don't drown.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to ben reynolds

by Tiffany Taylor -
Hey Ben,

Thank you for getting back to me, how do you log in as teacher? I am really not understanding any of this....

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Hi Tiffany, your questions make me wonder if you have spoken to your school's (or company's) Moodle support staff?
In reply to Rick Jerz

by ben reynolds -
And, we don't know your situation. It's OK to start totally newbie. But you need to know your role. Login to the Moodle you're using. Click on your profile name in the upper right corner of the screen. Click the word "Profile." In your profile, in the middle of the page, you should see a box labeled "Course Details." Click the name of any course. The next screen shows some details about you in that courses.
Lower left center, you should see something like below. Roles: tells you your roles. But, as Rick is urging, you'd best talk to your Moodle support staff to get a basic grounding. Moodle has a steep learning curve, and you can't just wander around like you can in Facebook or Twitter.
Course details

Course profiles
From Structure to Style RUL1-18.1

Roles
Non-editing teacher

Group
Group A, Group B
In reply to Rick Jerz

by Tiffany Taylor -
How do you get a Moodle Support Staff? This is honestly way too complicated for me. Thank you for your time and assistance but I think I am just going to find something else.

by ben reynolds -
We really didn't have enough information to even start to help. Hope to see you another day.

by ben reynolds -
Now that I look up your domain - ultra.me is a mobile provider. You can't admin a Moodle course from a phone.