Problems udpdating from 3.5 to 3.7

Problems udpdating from 3.5 to 3.7

by Luiz Peralba -
Number of replies: 2

Hi, Folks,

We've been using version 3.5, so I wanted to update to 3.7.

First I updated Moodle to the last patch 3.5.6+ (Build: 20190614) and did the same with the modules questionnaire and swf as suggested.

Then, using git, I switched to version 3.7 using the commands bellow:

$ git branch --track MOODLE_37_STABLE origin/MOODLE_37_STABLE

$ git checkout MOODLE_37_STABLE

When I tried to run Moodle, I've got 500 error message. I put in debug mode then I've got the messages bellow:

This page should be using theme clean which cannot be initialised. Nor can the site theme clean. Falling back to boost

line 711 of /lib/outputlib.php: call to debugging()

line 1553 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to theme_config::load()

line 677 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->initialise_theme_and_output()

line 864 of /lib/pagelib.php: call to moodle_page->magic_get_theme()

line 338 of /admin/index.php: call to moodle_page->get_renderer()

Warning: require_once(/var/www/html/moodle/lib/eventslib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/moodle/mod/swf/lib.php on line 28

Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required '/var/www/html/moodle/lib/eventslib.php' (include_path='/var/www/html/moodle/lib/pear:.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in /var/www/html/moodle/mod/swf/lib.php on line 28

I copied clean theme and questionnaire and swf modules from 3.5 version, but it didn't work.

Any ideas about what is happening?

Thank you very much.

Luiz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Luiz Peralba

Re: Problems udpdating from 3.5 to 3.7

by Luiz Peralba -
Hi, Everybody,

I noticed clean theme was removed from recent versions. I've set up another theme by writing the command bellow in config.php:

$CFG->theme="classic";

It seems to me I still have some problems related to swf plugin. What am I supposed to do with this deprecated module considering I have activities created in some courses? Any recommendation?

Thanks,
Luiz
In reply to Luiz Peralba

Re: Problems udpdating from 3.5 to 3.7

by Paul Raper -
As stated in the last post, Moodle 3.7 no longer uses the theme clean. There were many quite significant changes made in Moodle 3.7. It is always worth taking a look at the release notes prior to making such a large update as 3.5 to 3.7.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)