Moodle 3.7 - Reply inline and "Advanced" editor mode

תשובה ל: Re: Moodle 3.7 - Reply inline and "Advanced" editor mode

by Acqua Alta -
Number of replies: 4
Hi Mary,
Like others, me and my colleague also think that the admin should be able to determine if advanced options should be displayed by default.
We already got feedback from users that don't find some advanced options and don't notice the "Advanced" button.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Acqua Alta

Re: תשובה ל: Re: Moodle 3.7 - Reply inline and "Advanced" editor mode

by koen roggemans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Translators
Same here. Adding an attachment to a forum post seems to be used widely in our school and people can't find the upload field anymore.
In reply to koen roggemans

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

In our university, lot of teachers didn't see the advanced button, so we created a user tour dedicated to teachers, opening when they create a post, to inform them about this button.

It's a little late, but i've just created MDL-66729 about my previous proposition to define default forum editor (simple or advanced).

HTH,
Séverin
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
I voted for your MDL item.

Yep, there are times that I love the new Advanced feature and times when it is getting in the way. I really like to be replying to a post, such as this one, and being able to scroll up and see all of the posts. When I switch to Advance mode, I only see the post that I am directly replying to.

However, in this simple mode, keystrokes like ctrl-B, to Bold, don't work. So it doesn't take much to cause me to move into Advanced mode.

But I have not thought about any way to adapt smoothly to these differences.  However, your idea of providing a switch seems like a good idea.  I am not sure if I would always want to be in Advanced mode.  Also, when in Advanced mode, one doesn't seem to have a way to get back to the simple mode.
In reply to Rick Jerz

Re: Moodle 3.7 - Reply inline and "Advanced" editor mode

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

Looking at improvments for Forum activity, i've seen MDL-66634 about creating a minimal inline Atto version, that could also be a good way to handle things (depending of what you want to use).

Séverin