Edwiser Rapid Grading Tool

Edwiser Rapid Grading Tool

by Whitney Lowe -
Number of replies: 3

Does anyone have any experience or opinion in working with the Edwiser Rapid Grading Tool?

https://edwiser.org/blog/edwiser-rapidgrader-launched/?utm_source=NL&utm_campaign=Eblog2406NL

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Whitney Lowe

Re: Edwiser Rapid Grading Tool

by Jez H -

I have not used it myself, it looks nice if you are running assignments through essay questions in quiz but I have never seen that done in the real world, the assignment plugin is overwhelmingly used for written work. 

In reply to Jez H

by Adarsh Singh -
Hi!

In a real-world scenario, Yes! I would agree that the assignment plugin is used for essay type questions. In fact, while we were doing some market research around this product, we realized how most people used assignments to evaluate the subjective knowledge of the courses, as a workaround.

Let's take an example of a language course. To understand how well your learner has been able to grasp the basics of that language, you can depend on MCQs. But for evaluating and assessing the finer details of the language, including the grammar, flow and so on, Essay type questions become a must, as a part of the quiz!

This is just one example, among many examples we came across, where there was a much-felt need for essay-type questions in quizzes. But because this meant more manual grading, people weren't really okay with the idea initially.
In reply to Whitney Lowe

by Adarsh Singh -
Hi Whitney!

Yes! I'd love to help you out with Edwiser RapidGrader! Is there anything specific you are looking for, that I can help you out with? smile