how to Fix Moodle login and Office 365 Athentication single ID

how to Fix Moodle login and Office 365 Athentication single ID

by Dipendra Paudel -
Number of replies: 1
We've added Open ID Connect and Microsoft Office 365 Integration plugins to our Moodle instance and set the configuration per Microsoft's guide. We have only create user in Office 365 and sync with Moodle server. User are synced and we Assign the Courses. Now When users login via the Open ID Connect plugin they are able to login into to Moodle server.

I try to login Moodle local login in page, it's says that invalid user. I want to make single ID which will  login from OpenID connect as well as moodle login page username and Password. How this is possible and we can access all assign courses

Thanks you ,

Dipendra paudel

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dipendra Paudel

Re: how to Fix Moodle login and Office 365 Athentication single ID

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

If I am understanding you correctly, you want one login form to work for any/all authentications into site?

Suggest you go to this forum site login page and look.  You'll see two ways to login ... a button for externals and a regular username/password form.

Any site should have at least two accounts set to manual authentication ... the initial admin account created when site was installed and one other admin user sets up.

Why?   If there is some sort of issue with external authentications, at least those 2 accounts can login to your moodle to fix.   Otherwise .... no one gets into your moodle.

Now if you don't want that manual login form to show, think you could hide via css, but you'd need to create a form of your own to be able to login with one of those admin/manual accounts.   Google for how to hide and creating an alternate login form for admin level users.

'SoS', Ken