Gradebook - Recalculating Grades

Gradebook - Recalculating Grades

by Chris Vermeulen -
Number of replies: 5

Moodle 3.6

I have made a huge error in deleting a category in my course's Gradebook. I cannot access the Gradebook now and no results from quizzes etc are recorded. When I go to Gradebook, it gets stuck with a message Recalculating Grades.

Please I need urgent help in this. I have students taking exams.

(Edited by Howard Miller - removed 'urgent' - original submission Saturday, 22 June 2019, 10:10 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Chris Vermeulen

Re: Gradebook - Recalculating Grades

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
What *exactly* did you do? Simply deleting a category should not completely break the Gradebook.

Have you waited for the recalculation to complete? For big classes it can take ages...
In reply to Howard Miller

by Chris Vermeulen -

Hi Howard

I deleted a category in the gradebook that contained a number of individual assignments. When I deleted them 1 by 1 the recalc went quick, but when I deleted the main category is got stuck. I have a 100 plus students on the course. 

by Chris Vermeulen -
Howard, I have now left it overnight to run, but it still hasn't updated - still show recalculating grades

by Chris Vermeulen -
I cannot even access any of my quizzes. When I try to edit a quiz, i get the following error message:

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Switch on Debugging all the way up to 'Developer'. Do that again, and get the full error trace. Also, look for errors/warnings/notices anywhere else.