Calendar - Category Events not showing

Calendar - Category Events not showing

by Susan Fleming -
Number of replies: 3

Moodle 3.5.1+ (Build: 20180824)

I have added category events to the calendar on the frontpage of our moodle site and as an administrator, I can see them, but no one else can.  I have checked user permissions, calendar settings, whether the category events are hidden - they are not.  I have searched the documentation relating to the calendar, but can't find anything relating to calendar viewing permissions or settings.  If someone can tell me what I am missing or point me in the correct direction, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Susan Fleming

Re: Calendar - Category Events not showing

by Manos Koutsoukos -

Hi everyone,

I had a similar problem: I created some category events which did not show up on my calendar as admin, yet they showed in the teachers' and student's calendars. I could also see them using my teacher account but I could not change them. So using my admin account I enrolled myself in one course of that category and then the events became visible and fully editable.

by Ro hu -

Hello ,

have you reached for any solution

by Raphael Menegaldo -

Moodle 3.9.2+ (Build: 20201103)

(Edited - see below)

Hi, I have a somewhat similar problem.

As an admin, I create an event, everything is fine until I change the event type to "category event". And then poof, the even completely vanishes from view.

I tried setting myself "manager" and "course creator" in this category, to no avail.

Is there any way to retrieve this event, if only to delete it?

Edit :

It appears it is a strange bug. I was tempted to say a display bug, but it goes beyond that.

As admin: If I reload the page, nothing changes. But when I add a new "site" event, then both the "category" and "site" event suddenly become visible.

The really weird part is that I am connected as student on another browser. There also, the "category" event was invisible, no matter if I reloaded the page. But after Admin added another event, then both events became visible for Student also. So, this "display" bug also has an impact on what other users can see.