The best thing that could happen is that Tim Hunt tells us that it is already possible for parents to receive quiz notifications.
However, from item 10 in Parent role / Creating a new role ↗, it appears that parents can not receive confirmation or notification when a student submits a quiz.
Workarounds? (I have not tried them, so I do not know if they work).
- You can edit each student profile and change the email address to that of the parent. (ref. Forum 109235 ↗)
- You can set up a quiz submission email notification to the teacher ↗. Next, set up filters in your email account to forward each student's email to their corresponding parent(s). (ref. Forum 109235 ↗)
- You can create many groups that contain only the student and the parent or mentor. Then, set the quiz to separate groups, and set the parent/mentor role to receive an email every time a member of their group completes a quiz. (ref. MDL-12776 ↗)
Any suggestions for improving Moodle's core? I quickly checked the existing trackers and it seems that there is none on this specific point. You could therefore open a new tracker.
- Suggest that the parent role can receive confirmation and notification when a quiz is submitted by the student.
- Suggest that in the student's profile, a cc field (carbon copy of the email) be added for the parent(s).
Finally, you can write or ask someone to write a patch for you to copy emails to parents, such as MDL-6533 ↗.