COURSE DEDICATION TIME

COURSE DEDICATION TIME

by Mark Jones -
Number of replies: 1

Fellow Moodlers Lend Me Your Minds...

So I'm running a report from Moodle and have a field which is called Course Dedication Time.  I'm hoping, someone is able to tell me the following information about this field and the data captured within it namely:

1. From which data table in the Moodle LMS Data Scheme is this data coming from
  2. The time provided what is it? i.e  Is it the length of time a person is active within a module?
    and if so from what point does the clock start ticking?
  3. When the data in this field is exported to a report it is labelled module name:  E.g. SCM01 Course Dedication Time.   However, I cannot find any field in the database schema which is labelled 'Course Dedication Time' can someone please provide me with an answer of where this data is stored, in what data table it can be found and how it is calculated.  

If I can find the answer to the above questions I can then extract the data I need via the MySQL configurable reports block

Many thanks in advance. 

Kind regards

Mark Jones 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Jones

Re: COURSE DEDICATION TIME

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers
Mark,

The code in the Configurable Reports block is based on that from the Course dedication block https://moodle.org/plugins/block_dedication and so uses the same methods of calculating.

The answers in detail to your questions will be found through that plugin page and its related support forum, but basically the data is calculated from the Moodle logs (located usually in mdl_logstore_standard_log table). The CR module code is located in /components/columns/userstats/plugin.class.php if you want to see _exactly_ what it does.

Randy
Average of ratings: Useful (1)