Too many files problem

Re: Too many files problem

by Steve Massicotte -
Number of replies: 1
- check to content of the MUC file in moodledata

Everything look OK. I was wondering if there may be something left from the memcache client.

- Count the number of connection to each server are ESTABLISHED

If I duplicate one activity 2 or 3 times in a row, I got 1000 connections to each server of the cluster. I also notice that the "core/string [a]" cache is empty if I reload the page. My feeling is that, for some reason, the cache are purge and that what generate a lot of connections.

I check the behavior in production and the number of connection never spike like that. I fact, the number are not moving. I got only 20 connections to each servers of the cluster (against 1000 with memcached client).

I think that with the profiler, it can be possible to validate that idea. But, in our case we are running out of time and I don't think I will be able to do that test.

- Bring back memcache (without the "r") code in our Moodle

Work fine for the moment. I will make some checks and a stress test later today or tomorrow.
In reply to Steve Massicotte

Re: Too many files problem

by Steve Massicotte -
> Work fine for the moment. I will make some checks and a stress test later today or tomorrow.

No more problem with the open file. The numbers (lsof) a really stable.

Stress test was good and the numbers (lsof) are stable in that case too.

I the short term, we will go with that solution. We will try redis probably this fall.