Developing a plugin generality

Re: Developing a plugin generality

by Dominique Palumbo -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi François,

which kind of plugin do you develop ?

is it a question type ?

(the lib.php is in the root of the plugin not in a sub directory of the plugin)

In fact for question type you don't need the function in lib.php.

Moodle can ask you to remove the directory manually. But try to be sure that the group/owner of the directory is www-data:www-data

and the access right should be 775

Dominique.

In reply to Dominique Palumbo

by François Mauviard -

Hi Dominique,

Yes, its a question plugin. 

Excuse me for not answering quickly, other stuffs around to work with. Your advice was good indeed, thank you, but a question remains : in my moodle installation the great majority  of the questions belongs to owner:owner (since nobody touches my computer and outer protection is ok, this root:root). How hell is this possible that some of the questions are uninstallable and other not ?

Thank you for your expert response !

François

In reply to François Mauviard

by Dominique Palumbo -
Hi François,

yes, some plugins cannot be uninstalled. You can see it in the admistration 'overview plugin' no uninstall in the action column (sometime because they've dependencies).

But if the owner is root:root Moodle will not be able to remove the folder.

Dominique.

by François Mauviard -
Thank you for your kind answers. And this is the last one : the uninstall link does not apprear immediately after the chown of owner:group. Is there a CRON permitting to accelerate the prcess ?
Thanks in advance !

by Dominique Palumbo -
Hi François,

Try clear the cache in Moodle development and the one of your browser too.

But I'm not sure...

by François Mauviard -
Hi Dominique,

I've been doing both indeed.
By th way, this is not a very important question since this is my very first Moodle Plugin and code errors are in this case not optional. Let'see in the future if those fixed errors would render the plugin fully operational !
Thanks

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

No, there is no cron job related to this. But you may be hitting other caching layers here - such as the web server or OS level caches.

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes, its a question plugin.

The, question type plugins cannot be uninstalled if there are existing questions of that type in the question bank. See core\plugininfo\qtype::is_uninstall_allowed()

Average of ratings: Useful (1)