How to create an audio-based quiz with hidden commands?

How to create an audio-based quiz with hidden commands?

by Michele LABBE -
Number of replies: 3

Hello,

I need to make a listening exam on Moodle cloud using the quiz activity.  I would like to hide the commands so that students can not listen to the audio twice or stop it.

Unfortunately, when I insert an audio file and chose "plays automatically" in the audio settings, the audio does not work anymore.

What can I do?

Thank you very much!

Michèle

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Michele LABBE

Re: How to create an audio-based quiz with hidden commands?

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Both the Poodll(not free) and VideoEasy(free) filters have once player templates. They also have a template that can be used to specify the maximum number of plays (2, 3 etc).
They are not perfect because a page reload will reset the player, but depending on how you build your quiz and what your goals are, that might be ok.
Once Audio player
https://demo.poodll.com/mod/page/view.php?id=243

Twice Audio Player
https://demo.poodll.com/mod/page/view.php?id=244
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Justin Hunt

by Michele LABBE -

Thank you Justin! Your answer is very useful.

Do you know if I would also need to download Poodll or VideoEasy if I use a real Moodle platform (not a cloud)?

In reply to Michele LABBE

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
You won't be able to use either of those on Moodle cloud, because they will not be installed and you do not have the ability to install plugins there. (I think).
So you will need your own Moodle.

VideoEasy will do it. If you are not familiar with filters and how Moodle handle media links, its a bit of a learning curve. But basically:
i) Install the Video Easy filter
ii) set it to off but available and leave it in the default position
iii) make a template for the once player from a preset. Set it to handle MP3
iv) on quizzes where you want to use it, disable the Moodle multimedia plugins filter and enable the VideoEasy filter.

Then any mp3 files in the quiz will be displayed in once players and elsewhere on your Moodle site audio will play as normal.

This page briefly explains the process using the Poodll filter. But all the same steps apply to the VideoEasy filter too.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)