Exception - Class 'core_search\manager' not found during upgrade process

Re: Exception - Class 'core_search\manager' not found during upgrade process

by Ken Task -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Also ... this last line in debug ...

line ? of unknownfile: call to default_exception_handler()

Don't think you used git to upgrade from 3.2 to 3.7 so you followed the docs on how to upgrade.

Those say to move the entire moodle code directory to an archive area.  Upload the 3.7 zip, unzip, that creates a moodle directory.  One then copies back from archive config.php and any addons to appropriate locations in new code.

If you rename folders ... like teachernotice/ to teachernotice_old/ then manually install an update compatible with 3.7, moodle still sees the _old ... if that's what you have done, create an archive directory outside of moodle code ... if in /local/ you did something like that .. in the archive directory create a local subdir, then move the old folder to archive/local/

So on upgrading, site gets updates to DB for core code first.   Then check plugins and get updates for them via the Admin Web based interface .... yes, I know you can't get there right now ... we fix that ... then you can! smile

'SoS', Ken

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Ken Task

Re: Exception - Class 'core_search\manager' not found during upgrade process

by Ben Laor -
It was indeed one of the plugins from the old version, that wasn't compatible with the new version.
I a=have yet to figure out which one but i'll get there by adding them one by one (it could be one of my own as well)
Thank you for all the help!