Keep forum question but delete old responses?

Keep forum question but delete old responses?

by Tim Lamas -
Number of replies: 4
I am the administrator of our Moodle site and, as a teacher, I posted a forum question for my class to respond to last year.

I want to be able to delete last year's responses and use the forum again. However, I don't see how I can delete the old posts and use the original forum question again. Is there a way to do that?

Perhaps I have to delete the forum and re-enter it again. Thanks for your help in advance.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Lamas

Re: Keep forum question but delete old responses?

by Channy Check -

Hi

I also have the same problem as you. now i can only read the infromations from other people, but i could not put my new forum in to my group of discussion.

Do you know how to do it. for me i have the same idea as you think.

talk to you soon.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Lamas

by Roland Gesthuizen -
A successful strategy that I have used to easily move the entire collection of news forum messages is to rename the current forum from News to News 2005 and unsubscribing all the users and creating a new forum called News. The old forum can remain there as an archive or be hidden from students.
In reply to Roland Gesthuizen

by Channy Check -

Hi.

this is a gread news for me. thanks

Foe one more think why i can not post the new forum in to my disscussion group, KHAPO. but the other people they can post it?

thank for your help.

In reply to Roland Gesthuizen

by Tim Lamas -
Thanks, Roland. I will experiment with that idea.

My solution was to copy and paste the initial question into a new forum with a different name. Then I hid last year's forum so I could keep it for future reference.

It looks like it will also work.

Tim