[Courses Available], show Course Categories only to those with associated Cohort

[Courses Available], show Course Categories only to those with associated Cohort

by Lisa Stocks -
Number of replies: 0

We are using Moodle 3.7 (Build 20190520).

We use the Self Registration and Self Enrollment feature of Moodle.

When our customers create a login, they select the Cohort they belong to (we use Cohort to identify which Company they belong to).

I have 30+ Course Categories (each Course Category has 10-15 courses).  Each Course Category is relevant to selected Cohorts (but not all).

For each Cohort(Company) - I determine the relevant Course Categories. (And for courses in these categories, I add Enrollment Codes so they may enroll in these courses themselves.)

Moodle permits me to indicate which Cohorts are associated with each Course Category. (Select Course then [More]-[Users]-[Groups] and select applicable Cohorts). However this seems to have no effect?

When a user creates a login (and selects the Cohort they belong to) -  then clicks [Courses Available]-  regardless of what Cohort they belong to, they see ALL Course Categories. They find it confusing to see a significant list of Course Categories that are not relevant to them. 

How can I configure Moodle to either:

A) Show Course Categories (under [Courses Available]) only to users who belong to Cohorts associated with each Course Category? OR

B)  Hide selected Course Categories from all users EXCEPT those associated with a specified Cohort(s)?

Average of ratings: -