moodle installation error when configuring the administration account ( moodle 3.6)

moodle installation error when configuring the administration account ( moodle 3.6)

by hajar zankadi -
Number of replies: 6

Hello 

I hope you are doing well

I am trying to install Moodle and everything seems fine but then when it comes to Admin user creation process, the "update profile" button does not perform any action. So I am stuck on page moodle/user/editadvanced.php?id=2 ( see image below)

I cleaned the moodledata cashe and session but i got the same prb

when i checked the php error log, it highlights the following warning ( attached below)

Thank you for your help

Kind regards

Attachment moodle page.PNG
Attachment php error log.PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to hajar zankadi

Re: moodle installation error when configuring the administration account ( moodle 3.6)

by hajar zankadi -
Could someone help me out to resolve it
thank you

Re: moodle installation error when configuring the administration account ( moodle 3.6)

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Am not a Windows person, but ...

There is an alternative way to install Moodle via command line.   In moodlecode/admin/cli/ an install.php script which will prompt you for the same information seen in the GUI only without the 'special protections' in the GUI for the initial admin account.

Prior to running, manually create moodledata directory with permissions such that web server user can read/write to it.  And manually create a database for moodle with character set utf8mb4 collation uff8mb4_general_ci.  It has no tables ... install.php will create them.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by hajar zankadi -
Thank you for your reply
I did the same thing i created moodledata manually and set the permissions with chmod command I also create a database but with the utf8mb4_unicode_ci, is this may cause the prb ?
Thank you again
Kind regards

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

chmod??!!!  Thought your stack trace showed Windows!

Make the ownerships/permissions liberal ... the warning shows moodle tried to rename a temp thing.

Which also brings us to the settting in your PHP for which temp directory to use for such things.

See php.ini

Look in the DB section of config-dist.php for a collation line.

What's in there is how moodle will install ... DB tables then will be created with that collation.

Again, use CLI install.php .. for that to work, php must have the php-cli included - normal installs of php do have that.

To check ... via ssh as root user in the system.

which php

shows path to a php exeutable - like /usr/bin/php

Use the full path to that php exec and add the -v for version.

Should see something like (below from a server I admin):

[root@server cli]# which php
/usr/bin/php

[root@server cli]# /usr/bin/php -v
PHP 7.1.29 (cli) (built: May 13 2019 19:00:22) ( NTS )
Copyright (c) 1997-2018 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v3.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2018 Zend Technologies
    with Zend OPcache v7.1.29, Copyright (c) 1999-2018, by Zend Technologies

See the (cli) above?

Again, the problem is with the special security on creating the admin user when using web based install.  

CLI doesn't have that 'special security' for web based install.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

by hajar zankadi -
Thank you so much for this details
it s very claire
i will follow the steps highlighted above
hope it will work
thank you again

by hajar zankadi -

I get finally to resolve the problem

For those who had the same problem, i just increased the Apache's default stack size by adding this at the end of the httpd.conf:

<IfModule mpm_winnt_module> 

ThreadStackSize 8888888 

</IfModule>

see this link: https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Errors_FAQ#Error:_.22500:Internal_Server_Error.22

I also configured the httpd.conf with the necessary elements.

kind regards