about dfWiki history page

about dfWiki history page

by Ne Nashev -
Number of replies: 2
1) i don't know and can't understand reason to display "Creation date" column with one date in each row
2) I'm confused when i'm was renamed page and all rows in history table have been new name.

if histrory doesn't store previous page name - may be best choice write page name and creation date only in top of the page, within header?

3) standart view of user name is icon then name - but in this table first is name and after them - icon. Without right alignment - it is looks not so good %( Bestly if icon stay in left side from name...
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ne Nashev

Re: about dfWiki history page

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
1) i don't know and can't understand reason to display "Creation date" column with one date in each row
---> And wy not ? does it bother you?
2) I'm confused when i'm was renamed page and all rows in history table have been new name.
if histrory doesn't store previous page name - may be best choice write page name and creation date only in top of the page, within header?
---> the page name is used to link to the page version....  wiki rename pages is  a special case so we din't bother to store  version names...

3) standart view of user name is icon then name - but in this table first is name and after them - icon. Without right alignment - it is looks not so good %( Bestly if icon stay in left side from name...
--- yes your'e rigth we'll cange it
thanks for the feedback
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: about dfWiki history page

by Ne Nashev -
Thank's You for all answers.

Too many some text without any visible purpose makes table dirty and less readable.

To view page version in row may be most likely look if link will be not from page name, but from some icon or text like 'View version...' or from (is now i think is best decision) from editing date or version number!

May be good to change column order to make version index column first, user second and finally - column "Modified" (not "Last modified", version can't be edited more than once ;)).

And version description is too good thing, and can be shown in this table, when (and if) will be done smile

(eye icon in moodle used to show/hide purpose, not for view (as it used in you attachments list). For "view" may be more adequate icon with spy glass)