Face-to-face for newer version (3.7)

Re: Face-to-face for newer version (3.7)

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
HI Scott,

We maintain facetoface but we don't really have any clients using it in Moodle so it doesn't get as much love as I would like to see it get. We have been trying to make sure it works as-is in future releases but we rely a lot on people testing it and reporting issues in the github tracker. This does also mean that feature development or improvements are largely reliant on community contributions and pull requests are always welcome.

I do hear that tracking of face to face training is going to be a focus for the Moodle for workplace team, so I'm looking forward to see what that looks like.

You may also be aware of the commercial Moodle fork that contains a more fully featured (and maintained) facetoface activity.
Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Luis de Vasconcelos -
Dan, which "commercial Moodle fork" are you referring to? Moodle Workplace? Or something else like Totara or Iomad?
In reply to Luis de Vasconcelos

by Jeremy Schweitzer -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
I'm guessing Dan was trying to steer clear of discussing competing products here in the forums, but yes each of the products you mentioned have a variation on the functionality of the plugin he's long maintained for the Moodle community.

Face-to-face does install and work on Moodle 3.7. I haven't tested it yet against Moodle 3.8 as I generally am now recommending Moodle Workplace for users that are looking for this type of functionality since they usually are also looking for functions like hierarchies, programs, and certifications at the same time.