Capability to upload folders and files to a course page but not to edit all activities?

Re: Capability to upload folders and files to a course page but not to edit all activities?

by Schalk Louw -
Number of replies: 1

Hey Kathryn

I am curious if you have made any progress with this issue? I have the exact same need for a client of mine. I have also tried to create a custom role , first based on the student archetype with no success, one with the teacher archetype and one from scratch, also no luck. 

In all instances I was able to grant editing rights to a the role (turn editing on) while being able to lock the role down to certain content files via groups. here is where I ran into a problem; the edit dropdown menu on all content displayed, but was not active, if that makes sense 

FYI I am on v.3.3.1 and adaptable theme

In reply to Schalk Louw

Re: Capability to upload folders and files to a course page but not to edit all activities?

by Kathryn Woodhead -

Hi, I just created an empty folder on the course page and gave the user the capability to edit folders. That way they can upload files to any of the folders on the course page - I couldnt see any other way of doing this.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)