Error reading from database

door nolan damon -
Aantal antwoorden: 2

Hi there

Please help!!! I am having trouble backing-up my Glossary.  It is stuck at 79.8% and thereafter it gives me the following error message:

Debug info: MySQL server has gone away
SELECT COUNT(*)
FROM mdl48_backup_ids_temp b
JOIN mdl48_user u ON u.id = b.itemid
WHERE b.backupid = ?
AND b.itemname = 'userfinal'
AND u.mnethostid != ?
[array (
0 => '8c0aa0b3be6da64cafa588575805c981',
1 => '1',
)]
Error code: dmlreadexception
Stack trace:
  • line 486 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 1245 of /lib/dml/mysqli_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 1571 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mysqli_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
  • line 1644 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
  • line 1854 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_field_sql()
  • line 477 of /backup/util/dbops/backup_controller_dbops.class.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_sql()
  • line 1823 of /backup/moodle2/backup_stepslib.php: call to backup_controller_dbops::backup_includes_mnet_remote_users()
  • line 88 of /backup/util/plan/backup_structure_step.class.php: call to backup_main_structure_step->define_structure()
  • line 181 of /backup/util/plan/base_task.class.php: call to backup_structure_step->execute()
  • line 178 of /backup/util/plan/base_plan.class.php: call to base_task->execute()
  • line 119 of /backup/util/plan/backup_plan.class.php: call to base_plan->execute()
  • line 322 of /backup/controller/backup_controller.class.php: call to backup_plan->execute()
  • line 136 of /backup/util/ui/backup_ui.class.php: call to backup_controller->execute_plan()
  • line 146 of /backup/backup.php: call to backup_ui->execute()
I am using Moodle 3.6.4 and PHP 7.3
Gemiddelde van de beoordelingen:  -
Als antwoord op nolan damon

Re: Error reading from database

door Jon Bolton -
Foto van Particularly helpful Moodlers Foto van Testers
Hi - I'm not sure this is a Glossary problem as such. The most common reason for the MySQL server has gone away error is that the server timed out and closed the connection. There are a couple of things that you can do to increase the time but it mentions MNET in the debug info - are you using MNET networking or have you ever used it? Was the Glossary created on your site, or restored from somewhere else?
Als antwoord op Jon Bolton

Re: Error reading from database

door nolan damon -
Hi Jon

Thank you for the quick response.

There are a couple of things that you can do to increase the time but it mentions MNET in the debug info - are you using MNET networking or have you ever used it?
Yes, I am using MNET networking. We have 2 Moodle instances on 1 server. Both instances are linked.

Was the Glossary created on your site, or restored from somewhere else?
Yes, I restored it from our previous Moodle site.