Course completion report - ERROR: Can't find data record in database table course.

Re: Course completion report - ERROR: Can't find data record in database table course.

by Peter G -
Number of replies: 2
Riaan, thank you! I've been wrestling with this for months now, and your diagnosis is spot on. In any case, at least for me, deleting the records fixed everything.

I think you're right that the issue is triggered by unlocking course completion criteria. I don't have a very strong understanding of the moodle codebase, however, so it's difficult for me to speculate much beyond that. I will see what I can do to reproduce the error, though, now that I know how it's fixed!

-Peter
In reply to Peter G

Re: Course completion report - ERROR: Can't find data record in database table course.

by Willow Schools -

i tried deleting the course overview block but didn't work for me. Any other ideas

In reply to Willow Schools

by Jason Hollowell -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
Sorry, it's been a while since I dealt with this issue. As I remember, deleting the course overview block fixed everything for me but, at the same time, that didn't really explain the root of the problem. Have you checked your server error logs for odd negative numbered courses (see my discussion with Howard linked here - https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=401427#p1619415). That was clearly the problem for me but why that query was being generated with a negative course id was never determined.

Regards

Jason