Automatic popup msg to all new users from site support

Automatic popup msg to all new users from site support

by Mata Henry -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I am looking for a way to add myself (Administrator Support) as an automatic new contact to all new users. I just cannot figure how to do this in admin settings.
Our internal inductions team do bulk enrolments, so I dont know when new users are added. Also, when a user encounters problems, there's a plethora of people emailed/called etc before they get to me. I want add myself as a direct contact - cutting out the email noise.
The new site I've been developing will allow for self-enrolments also. 

I was thinking of adding some contact instructions on the dashboard - in a html block with txt saying "If you require further support, please type in Administrator Support in the messaging tool in the top-most menu" etc etc but is a little user unfriendly. 

Ideally I'd like the attached scenario as an automatic msg popup to all new registered users as soon as they login. 

Thank you for absolutely any help!
Mata

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mata Henry

Re: Automatic popup msg to all new users from site support

by Josh Dean -
Might you consider a custom user tour that welcomes them the first time and provides your information. You could then also provide a contact button in an HTML resources block that contains a direct link to start a message to you. You'll notice that in the "online users block" there is a message icon which has a link to message an online user. You could copy this link and change the userid to be your administrator support and this would start a new message to you. For example: yourmoodledomain/message/index.php?id=590
Average of ratings: Useful (3)
In reply to Josh Dean

Re: Automatic popup msg to all new users from site support

by Mata Henry -
Hi Josh!
Thank you so much for your reply smile
I was wondering if I should do that option -- and have decided to go ahead with it! (see attached).
I only have 7 courses on that Moodle LMS so creating the html didnt take long at all and I think is a good workaround. Will implement onto our other Moodle sites.
I suppose this is part of the GDPR measures. In my last job the old Moodle version (3.1) enabled direct messaging for support to the support contact email - this was quite handy for the user and for the business.

Thank you for your help!
Mata
Attachment Administrator Support custom html block with direct message link.png
Average of ratings: Useful (1)