Can't install Plugins

Can't install Plugins

by Manh Dinh Van -
Number of replies: 5

UPGRADE =>

(Edited by Howard Miller removed HELPs (you wouldn't be here if you didn't need help wink - original submission Tuesday, 11 June 2019, 2:05 AM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Manh Dinh Van

Re: HELP HELP! HELP! "can't install Plugins"

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

That's an addon plugin to atto editor found in /lib/editor/atto/plugins/

Plugin page shows compat up to 3.4
https://moodle.org/plugins/pluginversions.php?plugin=atto_recordrtc

What is your version of Moodle?

Did you recently upgrade your moodle site?

In a 3.5.highest, 3.6.highest, 3.7.highest it is part of core and called recordrtc:

./moodle35/lib/editor/atto/plugins/recordrtc
./moodle36/lib/editor/atto/plugins/recordrtc
./moodle37/lib/editor/atto/plugins/recordrtc

You might have to uninstall, then manually copy into lib/editor/atto/plugins/ the recordrtc folder from a locally unzipped/un-archived copy of the 3.5, or 3.6, or 3.7 you download to your local computer - depending the answer to the first question above ... again ... What is your version of Moodle?

'SoS', Ken

Re:

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
I'm wondering how you're doing your upgrade. How did you merge together the main Moodle code and your plugins? atto_recordrtc is now in core Moodle, but I don't think it always was. So, if you've copied in an up-to-date Moodle into your htdocs then copied in your plugins (which has the older plugin i.e. before it was in core) then perhaps this has overwritten the more up-to-date version.
In reply to Mark Sharp

Re:

by Manh Dinh Van -
my version of Moodle is 3.7, I have installed plugin RecordRTC for Atto (version up to 3.4) so they do not work. Then you can see the error as image i gave you before.
Can you instruct me step by step to solve this problem.

Re:

by Mark Sharp -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
1) Download Moodle 3.7 to somewhere in your system (not /var/www/html - or whereever your Moodle is installed)
2) Copy the contents of the /lib/editor/atto/plugins/recordrtc folder in the downloaded version of Moodle into your installed version at /var/www/html/lib/editor/atto/plugins/recordrtc
eg rsync -avz /home/myuser/moodle/lib/editor/atto/plugins/recordrtc/ /var/www/html/lib/editor/atto/plugins/recordrtc/
3) Run the upgrade script