Set time out for an activity

Set time out for an activity

by Mahinwal Surya -
Number of replies: 1

Hi Moodler,

I have an unique requirement in Moodle. is there any settings/plugin in moodle who set a time out for an activity?

For example:- I have created an activity into the course and uploaded a PDF file into it. At the time I have launched the activity the timer should start. As soon as the timer is over, the activity should close automatically.

Please suggest the any solution for the same.

Thanks and advanced

Mahinwal

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mahinwal Surya

Re: Set time out for an activity

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Different activities have different settings to control them, so you might want to be a little more specific. Also, you might need to explain what you mean by "close automatically."
The example that you gave seems to be an "Assignment" activity because you mention "upload." For an assignment, there are three "Availability" settings: Allow from, Due date, and Cut-off date. If you use a Due date, Assignments uploaded after this due date will be tagged as overdue when you go to grade them. The Cut-off date disallows submissions after its date.
The concept of a timer does not exist for Assignments, but it does for Quizzes, but is based on when the student begins, not from the day that it is administratively turned on.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)