Display label on app only and link to core activities

Re: Display label on app only and link to core activities

by T JR -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Juan, thanks for clarifying. I thought the attendance was supported but wasn't sure about the checklist.

If I include the attendance as an activity it shows up in the app and I can take attendance and view the attendance report (see attached image - attendance is named 'classwork score'), only linking to it from the image causes the activity to open in the web. I though perhaps I needed to format the link urls differently. If not then I understand that that as it is a third party plugin you can't provide support. I may just abandon my plan to make images linking to the activities. It would have been nice from a UI perspective but it seems more complicated than I first thought.

Regarding the grade report, thanks for raising the issue. I replaced the link with the full url to the gradebook specific to that course but get the same result. Not sure the best way to acheive the result I am after.

One final question - is it possible to change the text via a language string for the warning redirect to browser page ("Uh oh! Your organisation installed a plugin that is not yet supported...")?

Many thanks for your help.

Attachment Screenshot_2019-06-14-13-40-08-540_com.moodle.moodlemobile.png
In reply to T JR

Re: Display label on app only and link to core activities

by Juan Leyva -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

I didn't know the attendance plugin was already supported in the app! That's good news, although, as you said, it does not support URL handling (you can contact the plugin author indicating that he can add support to it following this guide https://docs.moodle.org/dev/Mobile_support_for_plugins#Module_link_handler)

Regarding your last question, via the Mobile app -> Mobile features admin section in your Moodle site you can change any string in the app.