Certificate not displaying course completion date

Certificate not displaying course completion date

by Sam Carden -
Number of replies: 10

Hi,

I've had a good experience with the plugin so far and thought I had created my template correctly, but now that students are starting to complete the course, I've noticed the course completion date is missing from their generated certificates. This date showed up correctly when previewing the certificate. 

The course is set to be completed when the student passes the final assessment quiz. Passing the assessment also unlocks the final module that contains the certificate activity. The certificates are generated successfully at this point, but the field set to display the course completion date is blank.

Could anyone shed any light on why this could be happening?

Let me know if I can supply any more detail that might help to solve it.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sam Carden

Re: Certificate not displaying course completion date

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
A screen capture of your Edit Certificate and Edit Element (Completion Date element) page may be helpful.
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: Re: Certificate not displaying course completion date

by Sam Carden -
Yes, here are the screenshots:

In reply to Sam Carden

Re: Certificate not displaying course completion date

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
In reply to Mark Nelson

Re: Re: Certificate not displaying course completion date

by Sam Carden -
Thanks, it does sound likely that it's linked.

To test this I completed the course and waited 5 minutes before trying to access the certificate (as I presume it isn't generated until the user clicks on that the Certificate activity module?), but unfortunately, there was still no date displayed on the certificate.
In reply to Sam Carden

Re: Re: Re: Certificate not displaying course completion date

by Mark Nelson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Make sure your cron is running, see https://docs.moodle.org/37/en/Cron/.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mark Nelson

Re:

by Sam Carden -
Thanks Mark- that was the issue. All working now.
In reply to Sam Carden

Re:Custom certificate (plugin)

by Demola Jaxn -

Hello Sam,

Please I am having similar issue. How did you solve your issue?

In reply to Demola Jaxn

by Mark Nelson -
Demola, as per his last message he solved it via the suggestion I wrote.
In reply to Mark Nelson

by Demola Jaxn -
Hello Mark,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I tried viewing the link you shared but it seems the content has been deleted.

With regards to the cron, I run it frequently via the web (ps: I am not a techie in this field)
In reply to Demola Jaxn

by Mark Nelson -
The certificate simply uses the completion API to get the value. It doesn't do any of its own logic. I would check to make sure that it is being marked as completed in other parts of Moodle.

Also - https://docs.moodle.org/38/en/Cron
Average of ratings: Useful (1)