Adaptable 3.7 - Language Customization not working

Adaptable 3.7 - Language Customization not working

by Vojtech Slavnik -
Number of replies: 4

Trying to change "courses" to another word. Search results are much different from anything that I have seen. When I add the new word and save it does not replace the word on the screen. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Vojtech Slavnik

Re: Adaptable 3.7 - Language Customization not working

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
So you have changed in every place that shows up and then Save Changes to the Language Pack?  And cleared caches?
In reply to Emma Richardson

Re: Adaptable 3.7 - Language Customization not working

by Vojtech Slavnik -

Yes. Apparently, it took a while for the database to show the changes. But they did come through eventually. What threw me was that the search result page is much different from anything I have seen before. Thanks. 

In reply to Vojtech Slavnik

Re: Re: Adaptable 3.7 - Language Customization not working

by Manoj Solanki -
Hi Vojtech,

Thanks for reporting this. We will add an issue for this in the issue tracker.  We will see if we can reproduce this and fix the issue as required.

Thanks,

Manoj
In reply to Manoj Solanki

Re: Re: Re: Adaptable 3.7 - Language Customization not working

by Manoj Solanki -
I have just tested this on our latest build, and the search results page looks as below. 

Language pack search screenshot
I'm assuming you have cleared caches as suggested?  If that still doesn't work, and if you have access to a test server, you could update to the latest build directly from our repository here?  https://gitlab.com/3bits/moodle-theme_adaptable2. There have been some styling fixes since the first release on Moodle (not for language pack, but possibly some that had an effect).  NOTE: As stated, please put this on a test server first and test before putting on a live server!

As you said, the language changes were reflected once saved so the customisation worked ok for you.  I tried that too and it worked fine (It's core code so I expected it to work).

Thanks,

Manoj