How to preview competencies when adding to course

How to preview competencies when adding to course

by Dirk Meyer -
Number of replies: 3

I am wondering if I am missing something. I am trying to add some competencies to a course. I am seeing the following. It doesn't seem to be possible to preview the competency as I can only see the tree and the name of it. What would be a best practice?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dirk Meyer

Re: How to preview competencies when adding to course

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
no preview at this step. After you have Added the competency to the course, you will see the full Competency text.
IMHO - I wish it displayed only the competency long/short and ID. I have courses with 25 competencies, which makes viewing that all the appropriate competencies were added to the course somewhat challenging.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Shirley Gregorczyk

Re: Re: How to preview competencies when adding to course

by Dirk Meyer -
Fully agree with you. I have 32 competencies on a tree of 8 parents and adding all is tedious plus managing them after they are added to the course is less then ideal. I could see this becoming even more challenging in the case of cross curricular courses. We are a K-12 organization.
In reply to Dirk Meyer

Re: Re: Re: How to preview competencies when adding to course

by Shirley Gregorczyk -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
I also wish I could add the link the courses from the Competency view, instead of having to navigate back to the Course.

While I am wishing, I would should like to select a Competency and then have a list of active Learning Plans to link them to. Instead of finding each Learning Plan template and adding each competency one-by-one.