"Changes saved" pop-up: Is clicking Ok really necessary?

"Changes saved" pop-up: Is clicking Ok really necessary?

by Dominique Bauer -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It is nice to have the message that the changes are saved. However, having to click Ok is a bit tedious. It gives me the impression of being treated like a kindergarten child: "The changes are now saved! You can now click on the Ok button to continue. Blah, blah...". I am not a kindergarten child, I am a teacher!

The message could simply be on the main page. For example, in Youtube Studio, the confirmation that changes are saved is as follows. The [Save changes] button turns blue as soon as a change is detected and returns to gray when saving is complete. The message "Changes saved" also appears and disappears automatically after 5 seconds. Same information, but no click required!

I'm not saying that it must be done in exactly the same way, but it would be nice to get rid of having to click Ok.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: "Changes saved" pop-up: Is clicking Ok really necessary?

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
"Blah, blah...". I am not a kindergarten child, I am a teacher!"
You are much, much more than a teacher. You may not be the perfect person to know what is suitable for the average teacher. Many years ago I did a small amount of research on use of technology by teachers of computing subjects. The result suggested an interface understandable by a kindergarten child would be suitable. Note these were teachers of computing subjects.
In reply to Marcus Green

Re: Re: "Changes saved" pop-up: Is clicking Ok really necessary?

by Dominique Bauer -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Well, ok then. smile
Thanks for your reply. smile

In reply to Dominique Bauer

Re: "Changes saved" pop-up: Is clicking Ok really necessary?

by Dan Logan -
Hitting the enter key may be a quick way of click ok button