Messaging options (enable/disable + settings) missing after upgrade to 3.7

Messaging options (enable/disable + settings) missing after upgrade to 3.7

by Preben Pedersen -
Number of replies: 1

I deactivated messaging due to the mail with the potential security risk.

I have now upgraded my platforms and wanted to enable it again, but the option has been removed from siteadministration -> advanced features, and the settings has been removed from siteadministration -> modules -> messages.

When i look in the files (moodle/admin/settings/subsystems.php) i see that the option to enable messaging is missing from the files.

The messaging settings is still reachable with https://DOMAIN/admin/message.php but not available from the siteadministration menu.

I added the 5 missing lines in moodle/admin/settings/subsystems.php from my backup:

$optionalsubsystems->add(new admin_setting_configcheckbox('messaging', new lang_string('messaging', 'admin'), new lang_string('configmessaging','admin'), 1));

$optionalsubsystems->add(new admin_setting_configcheckbox('messagingallusers',

new lang_string('messagingallusers', 'admin'),
new lang_string('configmessagingallusers', 'admin'),
0)

);

And cleared all cache, but still no luck....

Any idea how i can enable messaging again after upgrading to 3.7?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Preben Pedersen

Re: Messaging options (enable/disable + settings) missing after upgrade to 3.7

by Preben Pedersen -
I found it....

Messagesettings has been moved from 'Siteadministration -> Modules -> Messagesystem' to 'Siteadministration -> Messagesystem'.

And the option to enable messaging has been moved from 'Siteadministration -> Advanced features' to 'Siteadministration -> Messagesystem -> Settings for messagesystem'.

Just in case i'm not the only one who can't find it smiler
Average of ratings: Useful (1)