Reducing the number of columns on the forum page (was Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7)

Reducing the number of columns on the forum page (was Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7)

by Jon Bolton -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Just a thought - but in the forum discussions page, if the created date was combined with the information in the “Started by” column, a whole column could be eliminated, which on a mobile device would be really helpful. It would be consistent with the info in the “Last post” column.

Forum page

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Jon Bolton

Re: Reducing the number of columns on the forum page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Good suggestion Jon, reducing the number of columns by combining the “Started by” column with the Created column seems a good plan. As it's a new 3.7 feature and not moodle.org-specific, I'm going to split your post and move it to the Forum activity forum. Please feel free to create an Improvement tracker issue for it too.

In reply to Helen Foster

Re: Re: Reducing the number of columns on the forum page

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
Thanks Helen, I’ll create a tracker issue later today. I’ve just noticed that the 3 “useful” ratings that the post had have now disappeared. Is that a bug caused by the move to a different forum?
In reply to Jon Bolton

Re: Re: Re: Reducing the number of columns on the forum page

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Yes, unfortunately if a post is split and moved to a different forum, any ratings are not kept.

In reply to Jon Bolton

Re: Reducing the number of columns on the forum page (was Re: Moodle.org now running on Moodle 3.7)

by 松林 唐 -

I‘m interested by it.

So I try to add some css in theme_klass_setting_ custom_css.

Finally it shows better on my mobile's screen.

My moodle ver 3.7.1 latest.