External WebApp - SSO with Moodle

External WebApp - SSO with Moodle

by Andreas Fürlinger -
Number of replies: 0

Hi community,
I am a newby to Moodle and have read the documentation, nevertheless I have a general question about Moodle and a possible linking to my external WebApp from it. I am looking for a best case scenario and I am not sure which plugin/api I should use:

I am running a website, on which you can access ebooks and ejournals. My clients are mainly libraries and institutes, that are purchasing the content for their students and employees. The authentication is via IP and/or Shibboleth.

Several institutional clients are using Moodle and they are asking me for a solution of SSO with my platform. They usually don't have a fix IP but a moodle installation in which they also manage their student users. 

So the simple idea is to integrate a link to my platform, maybe in the general menu of moodle and the users shall be authenticated directly by opening the link. In the documentation I believe all scenarios described about authentication via API work the other way round for authenticate in Moodle. I want the user authenticate on my platform.

If, for example, the link opening my platform includes a GET parameter, for example a user token, I could verify the token via the Moodle API. But how can I generate such a link with an individual token? Or are there other ideas, plugins for such a scenario?

Thanks for any help, Andreas

Average of ratings: -