Moodle effectiveness analysis

Moodle effectiveness analysis

by Łukasz P -
Number of replies: 2

Good morning, 

I would like to ask for help from people experienced in managing the moodle platform. I have several questions to analyze the effectiveness of this platform: 

1.  What makes moodle stand out from other open-source LMSs? 
  2. In what form the knowlege is most often presented in course, and which tools / programs are used for this? 
  3.  What problems most often appear during creating of new courses?
  4.  For what reason moodle may have limited usefulness? 
Answers will help me to develop a research part of my master thesis about this platform. If, thanks to your kindness, some appear, they will not be quoted anywhere but analyzed, so they may be subjective answers.
 Thank you in advance for your help.

Greetings,
Łukasz

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Łukasz P

Re: Moodle effectiveness analysis

by Rick Jerz -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers
For #1, Moodle has the most advanced features and best support. For #2, I am not sure what you are asking. Moodle is programmed in php. For #3, maybe that a person is new to Moodle and doesn't know how to create a course??? Or maybe the instructor doesn't know which tool works best? Or maybe the instructor needs to learn how to use a tool? For #4, I am not sure. I have been using Moodle for about 10 years. Some people might question whether open-source software will die. I don't see this happening with Moodle, but it might? These are just some of my ideas.