Unable to acquire LMS API with some external SCORM packages

Unable to acquire LMS API with some external SCORM packages

by Graciella Daminato -
Number of replies: 0

I am trying to modify some existing courses that use uploaded SCORM packages so that they link to external SCORM packages instead. The courses were created with the last two most recent versions of Captivate (2017 and 2019) and packaged to SCORM 2004. 

When I tested the first course I modified, I received the error message: Unable to acquire LMS API... After verfying that imsmanifest.xml was set up correctly based on various posts in this forum, I decided to try packaging to SCORM 1.2 instead. That took care of the first course: no error on launch and tracking course progress worked as expected.

I pre-emptively repackaged the second course to SCORM 1.2 and, much to my surprise, the error Unable to acquire LMS API appeared again. Reverting to SCORM 2004 didn't help with the second course.

The repository I've set up for the external scorm packages is on the same domain as the moodle installation.

I'm at a loss about what I can do to obtain consistent results. I'm doing all of this on a staging server. If I can't predict how a  course will behave, I really can't be sure about moving everything over to the production server.

Any hints on what else I can try or what else I should look at?

Thank you.

Average of ratings: -