Images are compressed when dragged to course

Images are compressed when dragged to course

by François Lizotte -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hello,

As I was working on a tutorial about file size in Moodle, I wanted to upload a 23 Mo HD photo as an example. I simply dragged it to the course so it would be displayed in a label. Then I realized that I got compressed, which is a rather good news. I just cannot find information about this feature.

Video capture:

Am I the only one who didn't know abotu this until yesterday? Tell me I'm not please. smile

François

Average of ratings: -
In reply to François Lizotte

Re: Images are compressed when dragged to course

by Adam Barbary -

Hi François,

I've not seen any documentation, but the procedure is even more interesting. If you edit the label post upload you can see that, a compressed version is displayed, great for page loads, but the original is displayed, full resolution, when you click it.

Cheers,

Adam

In reply to Adam Barbary

Re: Images are compressed when dragged to course

by François Lizotte -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Adam,

Thanks for pointing this to me. I tried and noticed this: after inserting the image in the course using drag and drop, there are actually two differents files with different sizes. So you get to keep the original but the resized version is displayed on the course page.

But if I create a label and insert the image afterwards, in the classic way, only the heavy original image gets displayed.

François