Peer to Peer connecting Issues

Peer to Peer connecting Issues

by abhinaya srinivas -
Number of replies: 2

Hello, I have a requirement of connecting MoodleA and MoodleB applications with one click i.e. like single sign on. For this, I implemented MNet authentication. Upto login I successfully reached, but after login respective user courses are missed but users are their in my database and are successfully enrolled to their respective courses. Normal login everything filne but through MNet login data is missing  and then I tried  to change MNet settings as per (https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/MNet) this documentation. But even also my requirement is not fulfill.  Please anyone guide me to solve my issue.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to abhinaya srinivas

Re: Peer to Peer connecting Issues

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

A several years ago, I used to run the only other MNet hub seen on moodle.org (at the time TCEA.org server).    It was announced years ago that the future of MNet might not be continued due to other emerging technologies (like LTI) that might replace it so don't think there has been any improvements to MNet since then.

But, if you wish to purse ... on Moodle A, turn on debugging.  Also check your web services error logs.

MNet had two issues that constantly had to be monitored and corrected if they went south ...

1. the certificates generated by each Moodle had to be exchanged with the other Moodles in the  MNet.  Had to regen them and copy and paste the certs from the two MNet servers not talking.

2. MNet was very sensitive about operating system time clocks ... so MNet servers had to be set to use NTP servers so MNet servers clocks would be sync'd.   Could not be more than 5 minutes difference, if I re-call correctly.    This part not so bad once set.

Also, if I re-call correctly, an MNet course had trouble exchanging user data ... Moodle A linked to Moodle B course and Moodle B had a quiz ... data from the Moodle B quiz had issues getting back to Moodle A data.   Never resolved.

'SoS', Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: Peer to Peer connecting Issues

by Araldo Janes -

Hi...i am able to add as a peer to my installation of Moodle but it throws up an error when I click on the services tab under manage peers. I am trying to set up SSO. The page keeps saying that the connection was reset. If I click on the services under all hosts it works. I am currently running Moodle and Mahara using XAMPP on Windows 8.