Updating SCORM - content refuses to load for existing incomplete / completed attempts

Re: Updating SCORM - content refuses to load for existing incomplete / completed attempts

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
scorm is old, but Moodle does have a pretty stable implementation for SCORM 1.2 - we don't have many "bugs" in the tracker - plenty of room for improvement though (I'm always happy to review pull requests!) smile

This does sounds similar to this: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-67538 and the fix might be to provide some way of clearing the suspend_data field for all users within the SCORM - but this particular issue doesn't come up often - usually the SCORM package itself copes a bit better when it can't interpret the suspend_data field.
SCORM doesn't get many people spending volunteer time on it, so if you're really keen for a fix you might consider contracting your local moodle partner to help.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Updating SCORM - content refuses to load for existing incomplete / completed attempts

by Mark Oxley -
This has just happened to us too, with packages made through Articulate Rise. I would argue that Articulate is growing larger in the learning package world, and more and more people will be using it to import packages into Moodle. Yes, Articulate could remedy the issue through sensibly invalidating the suspend_data when it can't be interpreted, however I wrongly assumed there might be a way to remove the suspend_data for packages in Moodle and just spent nearly an hour trying to find it before coming across this forum post. Having that functionality to hand in Moodle would solve the issue for not just Articulate, but any other package publishing platform which suffer from the same oversight.