Some time ago, I've installed Moodle by using the Installatron-function (cpanel) of my provider. I was curious about Moodle and was happy about the 'automatic' updates. However, an upgrade to 3.6.2 caused problems which are fixed a couple months ago. So far so good.
The upgrade to 3.6.3 caused some challenges as I want to get rid of the Installatron-function. The steps, I've taken are as follow:
- Created a backup of the public_html-folder (complete with data-folder)
- Removed Moodle from Installatron
- Manually created a database in cpanel with values from config.php
- Followed the Installing Moodle-document (web-based installer) so the webserver includes version 3.6.3 with my data-folder of 3.6.2. (https://docs.moodle.org/36/en/Installing_Moodle)
- I'm unable to trigger the installation as no connection to the database can't be made (enabled: '$CFG->debug = (E_ALL | E_STRICT);' and '$CFG->debugdisplay = 1;' in config.php
The problem is the password which I can't remember unfortunately. The salted one in config.php doesn't match the one in cpanel. I've changed config.php by adding '$CFG->includeuserpasswordsinbackups = true;' and changing '$CFG->dbpass = '' with the plain database password of cpanel. However, without any success .
Which following step do you suggest. Help!