Paypal re-enrollment issue

Paypal re-enrollment issue

by Fernando Souza -
Number of replies: 6

Hi!

I'm having issues with paypal enrollments. Apparently users don't have problems when they enroll in courses

However, when an enrollment expires, I can see a grey label saying: "not current" as the enrollment status in the users list. 

Students with this status can't seem to be able to access the course anymore. This is understandable since their enrollment expired. However, they can't seem to be able to enroll themselves again. When they try they get the message: "you cannot enroll yourself for this course".

Any idea of where this issue stands? How do I fix it?

I'm currently using version 3.5+

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Fernando Souza

Re: Paypal re-enrollment issue

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Extend the enrollment date or don't have an expiration to start with....Moodle is doing exactly what you have told it to do...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Fernando Souza -

Enrollments are expected to last for 4 months. After it expires, students have to re-enroll, that is, they have to pay again to get access to new course content.

Are you telling me that there is no way to do that?

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Change the setting to remove the enrollment from the course - that should allow them to reenroll.

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Fernando Souza -
I have already tried this option on the paypal plugin settings and it also didn't work

by Renaat Debleu -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It will work if you also un-enrol manually the students who payed in the passed and who have the status "not current". Changing the option only changes things for the future, but does not change things from the past.

In reply to Renaat Debleu

by Fernando Souza -

Yeah... I have to manually un-enrol them. It makes sens what you said about changing the options. Thanks!