es Spanish translation of "These words should appear as whole words" on the moodle.org website ? exactamente igual ??

es Spanish translation of "These words should appear as whole words" on the moodle.org website ? exactamente igual ??

by Pascal Boulerie -
Number of replies: 1
Asunto : "exactamente igual" en "Estas palabras deben aparecer exactamente igual" ?

In moodle.org - My communities / Moodle in English / Forums / Advanced search

one of the search field is improperly translated into Spanish.

> Please enter search terms into one or more of the following fields:
>
> These words should appear as whole words

> Página Principal / Mis comunidades / Moodle in English / Foros / Búsqueda avanzada

> Por favor, introduzca las condiciones de la búsqueda en uno o en varios de los siguientes campos:
>
> Estas palabras deben aparecer exactamente igual

>exactamente igual
I am not a native speaker of Spanish, but I have real trouble to understand this statement of "an exactly equal" search on keywords ??

So I would propose rather something like this :
enteramente
o
enteramente (como palabras enteras)

PS I do cross-post also in the Spanish-speaking forum of the Community.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Pascal Boulerie

Re: es Spanish translation of "These words should appear as whole words" on the moodle.org website ? exactamente igual ??

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Pascal,

I think you have a very good grasp of the Spanish language smile

I just checked AMOS.

International Spanish: 'Estas palabras deben aparecer exactamente igual'

Mexican Spanish: 'Estas palabras deberían aparecer como palabras completas'

'completas' and 'enteras' are (near) synonims.

You can make a contribution to the international Spanish language pack maintainers.

I still have 30 contributions I recently made to the international Spanish language pack with status = 'new'

I think they may have gone for a long holiday smile

I congratulate you for pinpointing possible issues with the Spanish language packs. You are helping  many Spanish-speaking Moodlers  to get a better Moodle.

I only regret I did not study French (nor italian nor German)  when I was young sad