Moodle Submissions Time Stamp Issue

Moodle Submissions Time Stamp Issue

by Toby Hart -
Number of replies: 2

Hello,

I recently submitted assignments for a university project on time before the set deadline. I then submitted an optional cover sheet (including information like student name and number etc) two days later after the deadline which stamped my whole submission as late (including my piece of work that I submitted on time). My university has informed me that the Moodle system is primitive in that it does not log information from each submission you submit but rather just the last submission you made. I would like to know if it is possible to go into my logs and retrieve information about which documents were submitted at what times?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Toby Hart

Re: Moodle Submissions Time Stamp Issue

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Possibly ...

Ask admins to search mdl_files table for the name of the document you submitted last.   Document, from what you've described, was uniquely named.   The info about the document is in that table ... the file itself is (or should be) stored in the sea of files in moodledata/filedir/ by it's 'contenthash' name.

Meta data might be incorrect in DB but the date/time of the contenthash named file shouldn't I would think as that's operating system.

That's a guess!

'spirit of sharing', Ken

In reply to Toby Hart

Re: Moodle Submissions Time Stamp Issue

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Along with Ken's suggestion on how to search for the actual file, you can have an admin look at the Moodle site logs at, Site administration > Reports > Logs. Have the admin select your name in the, All participants, drop down, and can even filter further, by changing to the correct date in the, All dates, drop down. Everytime you submitted to the assignment, a new log entry was added to the logs, so you should be able to make your case.