Cannot delete user in Moodle Cloud - invalid user

Cannot delete user in Moodle Cloud - invalid user

by Hartmut Scherer -
Number of replies: 4

Hi all,

I cannot delete four users in my Moodle cloud site. Unfortunately, I cannot give you more details as debug cannot be turned on either. The error message is: "invalid user."

Any help is highly appreciated.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

invalid user

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Hartmut Scherer

Re: Cannot delete user in Moodle Cloud - invalid user

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Hartmut,

Looking into it, we see that the error is caused by a different mnethostid that what was expected. Did you create these users from a course restore? 

Please open a ticket on support.moodlecloud.com if you would rather provide this information privately.

Mathieu

In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Mathieu,

Thank you for your reply. Your assumption is correct that I created these users from a course restore with user data.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Hartmut Scherer

by Mathieu Petit-Clair -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of MoodleCloud team Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Hartmut,

You should be able to delete these users now. We're still investigating the root cause, so please let us know how it goes, either way.

Mathieu

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mathieu Petit-Clair

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Mathieu,

Great job! It worked and I could delete the "invalid" users. Thank you for your service.

With kind regards,

Hartmut