Quiz Maximum attempts reached - reset all course 'completions'

Quiz Maximum attempts reached - reset all course 'completions'

by V Martin -
Number of replies: 1

Folks,

A long shot here but I'd like to complete an action once maximum attempts of a final quiz has been reached.

What I'd like to do is restrict a final quiz to 3 attempts. Once the student fails a third time, reaching their maximum attempt, I'd like to have one of the following (in order of preference)

1) I'd like to have all completion statuses for other activities reset to allow a student to start the course over. This would require previous quizzes to erase attempts and file activities reset their completion statuses.

2) If I can't do #1 automatically, then my next preference would be to have the final message state clearly that they have reached their final attempt and they must contact the administrator to reset the course. Presently, after a final attempt there is the standard feedback for that grade tier and the "you reached you final attempt" is a small indication at the bottom of the screen.

3) If the above two are not possible, I'd like to have the student automatically unrolled from the course. If this can be done, I'd really like for the failed student to be redirected to another page where I an explain they they reached a final attempt unsuccessful and they must contact the administrator to have the course reset.

Does anyone out there in Moodle World know how I could achieve any of the three options above? I'd prefer option 1 but can live with any of the options if possible as it's better than what is presently available after reaching maximum attempts.

Thanks in advance for any assistance you can offer.

Moodle Version in use: 3.6.1

Average of ratings: -
In reply to V Martin

Re: Quiz Maximum attempts reached - reset all course 'completions'

by V Martin -

How about Initiating a "Completion" based on number of attempts, then executing an action based on that completion?

Any thoughts on that course of action?