Language Pack Error

Language Pack Error

by Jeff White -
Number of replies: 1

I have been seeing this happening more and more on our Moodle 3.5 environments but I cant seem to find the cause. Language packs seem to get messed up where they list other language packs as English and some strings show in English for the non primary packs are used by end users. Language customization for non primary packs will never show up. 

The current fix for this is to just delete and re-add the language pack that is acting up but this has caused disruption for some of our end users and I have to constantly check things in the GUI as nothing seems to be out of the ordinary in moodledata. 

Language Pack Error.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jeff White

Re: Language Pack Error

by Germán Valero -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You can read about this in the Moodle Documentation.

This came from an incomplete automated language pack update because the lang pack update fails in the middle of the process.

The reason why the language menu shows it is because moodledata/lang/***/ is incomplete and its langconfig.php is missing so the translation of the string "thislanguage" (name of it) falls back to the default English.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)