Manual enrolments: Enrolment expiry action

Re: Manual enrolments: Enrolment expiry action

by Tracy Hodges -
Number of replies: 0

I am also interested in this area.  

I would like to give my users 60 days to access a course.  Within that 60 days if they pass all of the quizzes, they will be sent a certificate and they will retain access to the course until the expiry of the 60 days.  At the moment, after 60 days they no longer have access to the course and they are automatically greyed out in the 'enrolled users' section.  In order to keep the user in Moodle (including their data), but remove them from the course, I currently need to delete the user's enrolment manually from the course. 

What I am trying to achieve is to allow the user to review the course after they have passed it, but then after 60 days to skip this manual deletion step with an automatic way to delete the user's enrolment from the course.  I don't need to see their scores in gradebook after 60 days, but I do need to keep them added as a user, so that their scores can be reinstated if needed at a later date.

Under 'Site admin / Plugins / enrolments / manual enrolments' I can see that there are the following 'enrolment expiry action' options:

• Keep user enrolled
  • Disable course enrolment
  • Disable course enrolment and remove roles
  • Unenrol user from course. 

1. What are the implications of each of these options?
  2. If I change the options at this level, which they affect my existing courses?
  3. If 2. = 'no' then can these options be changed at course level?

Any help and guidance would be very much appreciated.  

Average of ratings: Useful (1)