Fordson 3.6 with Easy Enrollments design adjustments

Fordson 3.6 with Easy Enrollments design adjustments

by Lisa Larson -
Number of replies: 5

We are using Fordson for Moodle 3.6 with Easy Enrollments, and are setting up our Moodle environment for the first time. We are using the Dashboard as the landing page for logged in users. We're using Moodle for training. We would like to: 1) eliminate the learner name and profile image from the Dashboard or as a second choice, reduce the font size and image size; and 2) reduce the size of the enrollment box and padding on the Easy Enrollments box on the Dashboard. I did not see SCSS variables relating to this on the Fordson (or Boost) documentation, and can't find css "hacks" that relate to this on this discussion forum. Since Easy Enrollments applies to Fordson I'm guessing this post belongs under Themes. Thanks in advance for any assistance. 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lisa Larson

Re: Fordson 3.6 with Easy Enrollments design adjustments

by Chris Kenniburg -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This might help for #1.  Type this into the bottom text box on the Fordson Administration Colors page:

#page-my-index header#page-header {
    display: none;
}

For #2 add this to the same custom scss textbox at the bottom of the page:

form#enrolform_easy button.btn.btn-primary, form#enrolform_easy input#enrolform_course_code, form#enrolform_easy .input-group-addon.qr-button {
    font-size: 1rem;
}

This will make the enrollment form smaller based on the font size.  Default is 2rem.  1.5rem might be a about right if you want it slightly smaller.

Let me know how that works.

Chris

In reply to Chris Kenniburg

by Chris Kenniburg -

For those who might be wondering what is "Easy Enrollment", here is a video:

It is fully integrated with the Fordson theme and is how we enroll students into over 2000 courses in one of the top 5 largest school districts in Michigan.

Chris

by Lisa Larson -

Chris,

Thanks so much! This is exactly what we were looking for. The smaller Enroll box looks good for our uses. One follow-up question. We're using Fordson's Modern Moodle preset, so there is a narrow colored bar, a design element, between the navbar and the Enroll button and box. The Enroll button and box are now flush against that colored bar. How would we add some padding above the button & box?

We will roll out our first official course in June, and I think Easy Enrollments will be a major time saver for both administrators and learners. Also thanks for the SCSS variables for navbar color control in your latest Fordson version. They've helped us coordinate Moodle's look with our other online resources.

Lisa

In reply to Lisa Larson

by Chris Kenniburg -

Try also adding this:

.easyenrol {
    padding-top: 2rem;
}

That will add a little bit of padding to the top of the enroll form.

Chris

by Lisa Larson -

Chris,

That works perfectly. Thanks again!

Lisa