Changing a theme for specific users

Changing a theme for specific users

by Big Picture -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I was wondering if it's possible to change the theme colour for specific user roles.
For example, we have two user Roles

Role 1 (Red)

Role 2 (Blue)

My idea would be that when users with either role the top bar would change colour depending on their role.
Can this be achieved?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Seb

Attachment Example 1 (Blue).PNG
Attachment Example 1 (Red).PNG
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Big Picture

Re: Changing a theme for specific users

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

This is a duplicate of https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=385529 and the second time you asked this question in 13 minutes in two different forums.

Asking twice is not going to get you a faster answer, and posting the same question in multiple forums is of no benefit and only fragments the support you receive as well as making it more difficult for other users to find the correct information in the future when they do a search (from moodle.org site policy).

The policy is designed to make things easier and ultimately get you the best solution 😊

In reply to Jon Bolton

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Actually you Jon, this is NOT a duplicate as it relates to cohort themes, whereas the other post relates to a Theme called Moove, which was posted after this particular discussion was posted.

In my opinion they are both valid questions and if anything stand alone.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Jon Bolton -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

Well it’s not often we disagree Mary, but on this occasion we’ll need to agree to disagree. Both posts are about the same thing: whether it’s possible to assign different colour themes to specific roles.

It’s not a huge issue though 😊